The Freehold Regional High School District NJROTC is a four year leadership and character development academy. Eighth Grade students who are zoned to attend a Freehold Regional High School District school for their 9th grade year are eligible to apply for admission to our program.
The Freehold Regional High School District encourages students to ask themselves…
- Do my personal and career interests match the focus of the academy?
- Have I participated in classes, after school activities, hobbies or other activities that demonstrate
that I have had some experience with the focus of the academy?
- Have I demonstrated that I can balance my interests and my required school work and be
successful at both?
- Am I taking the prerequisite course, Algebra I, for application to the Computer Science Academy?
- Can I identify two teachers in my school that will be willing to provide me with an excellent
recommendation for these programs?
- Can I identify one other professional who has knowledge of my performing arts talent and who will
provide me with an excellent recommendation for FPAA and for JROTC?
- Am I willing to participate in an audition for FPAA and/or an interview for JROTC?
- Am I willing to attend the high school where this program is located?
The United States Naval Service Training Command requires Students….
- Be enrolled in and attending a regular course of instruction in a grade 9 through 12 at the school hosting the unit.
- Be physically qualified to participate fully in the physical education program of the host school.
- Be selected by the NJROTC instructor with the approval of the school principal or his/her representative.
- Maintain acceptable standards of academic achievement and an academic standing that warrants at least normal progression leading to graduation.
- Maintain acceptable standards of conduct.
- Comply with specified personal grooming standards. Common sense and good judgment apply to the attainment of these standards. Standards will not be relaxed so as to reflect disgrace on the naval service.