COLTS NECK, NJ – The Freehold Regional High School District NJROTC Academy is dedicated to the improvement of our students physically and mentally, and encourages all of them to strive for individual improvement. We know that if they challenge themselves, they will come to know themselves better. One of the great things about being a NJROTC Instructor is that we get to observe the growth of our cadets throughout their time in high school. One of the annual events that highlights the growth of some of our cadets is our school’s Senior Awards Ceremony. This year, CNHS held its 16th Annual Senior Awards Ceremony in the auditorium and a crowd of approximately 200 teachers, students, and families gathered to recognize the achievements of distinguished CNHS Seniors. The unit retained a substantial presence throughout the night’s proceedings, with the following cadets receiving awards that not only reflect upon their exemplary personal character, but the capacity of the NJROTC to instill and promote essential values.
- Cadet Gabriel Pont: Academic Award for Social Studies, U.S. Marine Corps Scholastic Excellence Award
- Cadet John Shaefer: Colts Neck Police Benevolent Association-ROTC Award
- Colton Boag: Colts Neck Senior Citizens ROTC Award
- Cadet Patrick Bohen and Cadet Kristen Schandall: US Navy ROTC Scholarship
- Cadet Justin Hanewald: U.S. Marine Corps Patriot Award
- Cadets Conor Doyle, Jessica Greenberg, and Shannon McGovern: Academic Achievement Award – Outstanding GPA
- Cadet Matthew Greco: US Army ROTC Scholarship
The NJROTC is proud of the cadets who have brought honor to both themselves and their unit through their accomplishments. Shortly after the ceremony, Cadet Lieutenant Natalie Farparan noted, “It was an honor to attend the ceremony, it was very professional and well organized. I’m proud of the accomplishments of the Senior Class.” The unit is proud to have played such a substantial part in such a distinguished ceremony, and to count Seniors of such high caliber, within our ranks.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE